Thursday 27 June 2013

What's your digits? Take 3 : Proportions Challenge.

Posted by Acacia at 09:41
And once again the lovely Strawberry Singh has created a thought provoking Monday meme, I'm a little late in the week, but oh well, sue me. What's your digits is into it's third year now, and this is my first time taking part, I do have my old shapes, and will be sharing some of those stats too.
Firstly we'll start with the actual challenge questions, and then I'll blabber on about some of my own personal shapey points...




Proportions Challenge Questions:
  1. Do you try and keep your avatar’s body proportionate and similar to the “average” proportions pictured above? No, I really haven't, I was adamant about her height, keeping her my height for some reason was a big deal to me. This shape is a bastardisation of a stunning shape I picked up from Glitch Granthams (amaze-balls shapes!) store Anatomy a few months ago, but she really has been tweaked a lot now. But I love her as is. Oh and as a kid my mum drummed the head into body 7 1/2 times thing into me :P Damn artists.
  2. What do you dislike the most about the SL avatar mesh? I love mesh, I am a huge mesh fan, if I need to tweak my shape to fit then so be it. If I had to dislike something it would be if the hair is hanging over other mesh it can go transparent, which is annoying as balls.
  3. Does it bother you when you see other avatars that are not proportionate at all? Sometimes, if something's flat out scary looking then I'll stop and stare. I'd be lying and so would everyone else probably if they said they didn't have a little titter now and then at those that got it seriously wrong.
  4. Even though this is a virtual world and people can be anything they want to be, do you feel when they are in human form, they should try to keep their proportions close to average? It depends entirely on how the individual wants to look, you can tell someone who doesn't know how to work the sliders from someone who's just marching to the beat of their own drummer a mile away. I like individuality, I find it a wonderful trait in others.
And now onto the second part of the challenge, sharing my digits! :O
We'll start with Acacia as she is now.
If anything her heads maybe a little on the large side, but, she can wipe her arse without straining, so that's a plus. I also got some proportional tips from Gok Wan (Brits shall know who that fashion God is) He said an hourglass shape is when the hips and shoulders were equal while standing square, and hers are. Well, not in that picture, silly angles... I like adding a bit of love and belly too. I wont lie I've lengthened her legs since taking this picture and partaking in the challenge, they're now sitting at 70, looking a lot better :P
 
My original Avatar Abi :
 
Abi was the same height, but with a few differences, boobs were a lot bigger, they were at 70, hips were at 70, leg length at 80. She was my original sl av, as I said I've always been funny about the height, I kept her the same as me (although I recently found out I'm only 5ft 9 o.0 I was lied to! I lost a whole inch!) But, I shall keep Aca 5ft 10, and any other female av I have as a homage to my lost inch :P

To finish, I don't truly mind if Acacia isn't in proportion according to the guidelines, but as I notice subtle little issues, I address them, let's face facts, like many others I spend more time with my cam focussed on myself than other people. Unless I'm checking out your hair, which happens more than I care to admit :P

If you would like to place your Digits picture in the “What’s your digits” gallery inworld, Vaneeesa Blaylock has the instructions on how to do that in this post and here is the SLurl to the gallery: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA11/106/188/21

I've put together a simple look as you've put up with my ramblings for now, so do enjoy these pretties, and we'll be back to usual activity soon! I'm off to send lewd and crude texts to the Shaggy Monster, how dare he not be home =p
<3



Skin: Wednesday II - Sunkissed by Essences
Hair: Beth Hair - Marilyn by Lelutka
Nails: Nail Rings - Silver Snake by Mstyle
Necklace: Monkeh Necklace by Ducknipple
Bracelets: Sedona Valley Gypsy by MG
Shirt: Grumpy Cat T-shirt by [BOOB-Lish]
Jeans: Zipper Skinny Jeans by Maitreya
Boots: Triumph Boots (Male ones) by Gos
Glasses: Mustache Nerd Glasses by -UtopiaH-
Arm Cuff: Unavailable

If you want info on the items in any other pic shoot me an IM in world or leave a comment <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

music, mania and mundane musings Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos